Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Cruising Boat Generator (small)

Paul Cassel wrote in
:

Harlan Lachman wrote:

Glenn, I have a different take than Paul. As an asthmatic with sleep
apnea, really hot humid nights are very bad for me. As you probably
know, hot, humid nights have more stuff in the air. Being in an
enclosed place and being uncomfortable...

I found it possible to run the smallest AC off my Honda 1000is
generator.

Harlan,

The generator you post is gasoline powered, not diesel. The issues of
a gasoline generator are much different. They are lighter, quieter,
and easier to manage, but you then need to transport petrol which some
folks don't wish to do including the OP.

Also even though these are very quiet by generator standards, they
are, IMO, disruptive in a completely silent anchorage, but YMMV.

-paul

I personally HATE it when I'm in an anchorage near someone who has a Honda
generator running. I find them far from quiet, especially at night if
someone is using one to keep an AC running. What ticks me off even more is
people running them at dock becuase they're too cheap to pay for a power
hookup and the marina doesn't have rules to prevent it.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org