Don White Don White is offline

Default Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

"Toller" wrote in message
I am have my first trailered boat; before now my boats were small enough to
just store upside down on the dock for the winter.

Someone told me it I should put the back up on blocks to take the load off
the tires, so I have done that. How about the front. Must that be
propped up also, or is the crank thing okay?

The guy I bought it from lubed everything last April. The trailer has
only been in the water twice since then. Does it need any maintenance?

Thanks much

I jack up the boat trailer and put blocks at three points... frame near each
wheek (single axle) and near where the tongue joins the trailer body.
This relieves the springs and wheels plus the 'tongue jack' for our long 6
or 7 month layup.
If our boating season was longer and the layup shorter, I might just move
the trailer around on occasion. (if not burried under ice & snow)