HK HK is offline

Default Keeping a boat/trailer over the winter...

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

Harry,

I remembered one of the other reasons my father recommended jacking the
trailer off so the tires did not sit on the ground. Since I didn't
check the air pressure of the tires during the winter, he said it was
common for the tires to become low in pressure, with would cause
additional stress on the sideways, and cause the sidewalls to crack
prematurely. I had a tank of air I would bring up in the spring to fill
the tires before the first time I used it. You have stated many times,
that you don't keep your boats for more than a few years (after only
using them for very few hours), so it really isn't important for you.

But the original poster was wondering what the recommendation of the
experts are, here is another one who recommends jacking the tires off
the ground.

http://www.maxrules.com/storeit.html

As I stated, you are free to jack up or off as you wish. As usual, you
are working much to hard to try to prove you have a point.

You have no knowledge of my boating pattern of use. I have low hours on
my previous Parker for reasons of which you have no knowledge. I've had
my current Parker since just before Labor Day and I'm sure I've put more
engine hours on that boat than you have on yours.