DSK

Default Buying Boat Batteries - Check My Thinking

Gary Warner wrote:
I think you're mincing words there.

Yeah, I was trying to be funny.

What I have is an engine and a generator. The generator is a device bolted
to the engine and runs off the engine via a belt. As in the type of power
generating device that was popular on cars and boats before alternators
took over.

D'oh! I am old enough to remember these thingies, it's just been a long
time. IIRC they are not sensitive to open circuit damage anyway, so the
above comments are even more fruitless.

Again, thanks.

Very welcome... I don't claim to have any great expertise but am glad to
relate my experiences & observations.

BTW last year when we were shopping for batteries, I drew up a
spreadsheet to compare battery capacities & prices. It helps make a good
pick, the ones that seemed to offer best performance for the price were
Trojan and Exide. The best performance, and highest price, where the
Rolls/Surrette batteries, which have approximately twice as much power,
weight noticeably more for the same group size, and cost about 3X. The
West Marine batteries are Exides with a different label and a big
mark-up. Did I already say this?

Fair Skies
Doug King