Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default GPS Tracking for boats - ham radio

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:47:50 +0000, Larry wrote:

The boat I've been installing new gear into will join the Caribbean 1500
race to Tortola as it passes Charleston, they hope, in the Jeanneau 40
"Dress Parade". They got some kind of position reporting gadget from the
race committee that will show their position 6 times a day

Many of the big time sailing races have started using tracking devices
on all boats. The results that I've seen have been impressive.

There is another APRS/Airmail/Sailmail/etc. site that I like:

www.shiptrak.org

It displays a good zoomable graphic of all position reports and gives
you a text log at the bottom. I cut and paste our position log into a
spreadsheet every now and then to save it.