Larry Larry is offline

Default GPS Tracking for boats - ham radio

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

If you use AirMail or SailMail you can file position reports generated
by your GPS data automatically. See
http://www.pangolin.co.nz/yotreps/index.php and/or www.SailMail.com

YotReps also has software that will generate correctly formatted
reports via other e-mail systems. I've also written my own tracking
software which utilizes the same log format as YotReps and displays
them on google maps as shown at
http://www.geoffschultz.org/Position_Map.php

-- Geoff

The boat I've been installing new gear into will join the Caribbean 1500
race to Tortola as it passes Charleston, they hope, in the Jeanneau 40
"Dress Parade". They got some kind of position reporting gadget from the
race committee that will show their position 6 times a day over the
webpage:
http://www.carib1500.com/
but I haven't seen it, yet. They're taking an Iridium phone with them that
belongs to the bank president down E-dock for calling home. It should be
interesting to see how this carib1500.com system works.

Larry
--
You can tell there's extremely
intelligent life in the universe