Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Who's at fault here

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
.70...
"Capt. JG" wrote in
:

It didn't quite look like head-to-head. It looked like a crossing
situation somewhat. The boat on the right is right, but both are at
fault. Both boats should have turned to starboard. I don't see how you
can say the faster boat would have or wouldn't have the ability to
maneuver. Looks like plenty of sea room to me for both boats.

Idiots....

It's the "nearly so" part of that statement that gets a lot of people in
trouble.
Yes, at the time of this video, the boat taking the video should have
come
right, but they are so close to that "nearly so" that I wonder about the
perspective leading up to this. BG not sure I'm explaining this
correctly

I get it... seems like unless we're really missing a lot of the perspective,
the boat taking the vid should have changed taken evasive action well before
getting into this spot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com