posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Tacking on Headers (Newbie Question)

On 17 Oct '07, Richard wrote:
What rules/guidelines do I use to learn properly the best way or
frequency or wind shift arc to tack?

Good question. Unfortunately, I can't imagine that there would be any
hard and fast rule. It all depends on the situation so experience and
judgement would matter. For simple example, a boat on the far right
side of the course on port tack, might tack on a 1 degree header. Same
boat on the far left side of the course probably wouldn't.
Anyhow, I'll be interested to see if anybody comes up with a one size
fits all rule.

Rick