Peggie Hall

Default New Toilet

WaIIy wrote:
My Raritan PHE II seems to break every time I touch it. Since it's from
1989, I'm thinking of replacing it.

What exactly is breaking?

I've never thought that putting a motor on a PH II does anything more
than turn an outstanding manual toilet into a very poor excuse for any
electric toilet--one of the few things Raritan makes that I don't like.
ALL the motor does is replace the pump handle...and it pumps much
faster, and with a much shorter stroke than pumping manually...which
means it takes longer to prime--and therefore wears out the seals and
o-rings twice as fast--and also "chokes" on flushes that pumping
manually would push through it easily.

Otoh, the Raritan SeaEra is an excellent toilet...macerates, available
in either raw water or pressurized water models--both as "conversions"
that will allow you to keep your existing bowl--and uses considerably
less power than the PHE II--only 10 amps for the pressurized water
version, 16 for the raw water.

Shop hard enough, you should find it for under $400.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html