Marc Heusser Marc Heusser is offline

Default GPS Tracking for boats - ham radio

Thank you both, Larry and Wayne. That should get me started.

In article ,
Larry wrote:

I've no idea what the Swiss testing and licensing
is, however.

Basically the same as in most countries. There is a beginners licence,
and a full licence (CEPT).

As an MSEE you do not have to pass any technical exam (where there is a
difference between beginners and full licence), just 50 pages of
regulations, which are the same for both. So in essence it only requires
to learn some 100 or 200 items of regulatory rules, that's it.

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe
http://www.heusser.com