Marc Heusser Marc Heusser is offline

Default GPS Tracking for boats - ham radio

In article ,
Larry wrote:

All services on ham radio are voluntary and always free. It's
what we do best. Ask any of these cruisers who have used the
message services of the 14.300 Mhz Maritime Mobile Service Net
over the past decades.

Can you point me to a good overview list of such services in the ham
community (for beginners).
I never came around to do the licence, but am starting boating again.
As an MSEE it is quite easy to get the ham licence - so as I do not have
any plans on building tranceivers myself, I should get started quite
easily. And with a Macintosh computer running OS X I do understand that
quite a few services can run on it when connected to a ham radio. (If
you have pointers for such sofware too :-)

TIA

Marc

--
Switzerland/Europe