JohnM JohnM is offline

Default buying a foreign boat

"shaun" wrote in message

Have done this earlyer this year......
there was no problem tho as i had paid a deposit on the boat and had
papers to show this...my deal fell through though due to some
communication problems and things not being as told..(honest mistake)
be warned phone service there is lousey.
it boils down to what citizen are you more than anything.
and by the way a 168 dollar ticket out to st martin is a ticket out
even if you dont use it it qualifys as a transient tourist
and you should get a three month stamp as u arrive.
mine cost me 12000 to come home without a boat...not happy
as i lugged tools and spares over fully expecting to purchase the boat.
marine part are VERY expensive there.
shaun

Jesus christ Shaun $12000 is a hell of a price to pay for all that. Thanks
for the info though I think I'll do that. Hope I have more luck than you.