jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Default Lake Lanier drying up?

On Oct 15, 11:07 am, wrote:
On Oct 15, 10:57 am, wrote:

The trouble with your type,
is that you don't think that anything that man can do will have an
adverse affect on the environment

What a dumb statement. You don't know "my type". Here's a clue. I grew
up in the woods and fields and have a 'leave nothing but footprints"
attitude toward my outdoor play. But you just keep up the close minded
stand and you will surely be dismissed by rational people. When was
the last time you took a walk on the beach with your wife and carried
a garbage bag... we carry one as part of our "go bag".... Do you?

Many of the lakes in the southeast are man made and are used for water
supply. There are not that many natural lakes occuring in the
southeast. Most also are used for recreational purposes. All the
lakes I've boated in in NC are man made. Around Raleigh Lake Jordan
and Falls Lake are both man made. As well as Hyco, Mayo, and Wheeler
plus others. On the Roanoke, Philpot, Kerr, and Gaston are all man
made. There has been drought conditions in the southeast above
florida most of the summer and lots of the lakes are down many feet.