[email protected] LoogyPicker@gmail.com is offline

Default Lake Lanier drying up?

On Oct 15, 10:44 am, wrote:
On Oct 15, 10:41 am, wrote:

On Oct 15, 10:13 am, wrote:

On Oct 15, 10:06 am, "Don White" wrote:

"HK" wrote in message

CNN had a feature on Lake Lanier this morning. Apparently water levels are
way, way down, and if there isn't some serious protracted rain soon,
a goodly portion of Georgia will be facing drought.

Meanwhile, the video showed the shorelines of the lake line with dead
shellfish and fish, left behind as the water receded.

What's the impact on boating?

Good thing Waylon doesn't boat much. Shouldn't affect him.

Is Lanier a man made lake?

Yes, it's dammed. It's big, though, 900 miles of shoreline, at least
when it was full, it's down about 12' now. The good thing is it's
deep.- Hide quoted text -

So then you must agree it is OK to alter the course of nature in order
to serve the growing human population?- Hide quoted text -

I've never disagreed. However, there are things we know we can do that
does very little harm to the environment. The trouble with your type,
is that you don't think that anything that man can do will have an
adverse affect on the environment.