Don White Don White is offline

Default Lake Lanier drying up?

"HK" wrote in message

You mean, other than the extra nose growing out of your arm?

We have a nice, deep, drilled well for our drinking water. I have it
tested once a year. Crystal clear, clean and free of contaminants.

Here are some of the restrictions that apply to the lake that feeds
Peninsula Halifax...
"
Fire restrictions
4 (1) No person shall light or be responsible for an open fire in the
Protected Water Area from April 1st to October 31st, inclusive, in any year.

(2) No person involved in a forestry operation or activity within the
Protected Water Area shall fail to comply with Chapter 179 of the R.S.N.S.
1989, the Forests Act, and regulations made pursuant thereto, including the
Forest Fire Protection Regulations, as amended from time to time.

Vehicle and vessel restrictions
5 (1) No person shall wash a vehicle in any watercourse or within sixty (60)
metres of the shoreline or bank of any watercourse located within the
Protected Water Area.

(2) No person shall at any time operate a vessel of any kind on, through, or
over Pockwock Lake, Lacey Mill Lake, Bottle Lake, Island Lake, or any
watercourse in the Protected Water Area unless authorized by the Commission.

(3) No person shall at any time operate a vehicle, including an off-highway
vehicle as defined in the Off-highway Vehicles Act, R.S.N.S. 1989, c. 323,
or any type of recreational vehicle on, through, or over Pockwock Lake,
Lacey Mill Lake, Bottle Lake, Island Lake, or any watercourse in the
Protected Water Area.

(4) No person shall fill a gasoline tank or transfer any liquid fuel from
tank to tank on or within sixty (60) metres of the shoreline or bank of
Pockwock Lake, Lacey Mill Lake, Bottle Lake, Island Lake, or any watercourse
within the Protected Water Area.

(5) Any machinery leaking gas, oil or other fluids shall not be operated
until properly repaired.

Lake and watercourse restrictions
6 No person shall swim, bathe, wash, or cut ice at any time in any lake or
any tributary to Pockwock Lake, or any watercourse which is located within
the Protected Water Area.

Fishing restrictions
7 (1) No person shall fish at any time from a vessel on any lake or
watercourse in the Protected Water Area. "