Calif Bill

Default OT- Power outage in NY. Coincidence?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"JohnH" wrote in message

No, Chuck, I said, "I think federalizing the security folks was a
Democrat-pushed idea that the administration caved under." By this I

meant
the
federalizing of the thousands of screening personnel at the

airports.
Perhaps I
was unclear. I apologize. I think the Department of Homeland

Security
was
a good
idea, as long as it consolidated and made more efficient the

operations
of
the
agencies it subsumed.

Bull****.

The privately hired screeners were overwhelmingly incompetent. What

would
YOUR solution have been, if YOU were king of the world? Take the CEOs

of
the
private security companies out for a round of golf and make them buy

dinner
afterward, to punish them for being such slobs???

Was a bad idea! They hired the same people that were "incompetent" for

the
present federal jobs. And if you think that making the jobs federal
instilled competence, you have not flown since.
Bill

I've flown since. Here in Rochester, the "upgrade" in the search procedure
was remarkable. Same at Charlotte, San Juan, O'Hare, LaGuardia and Boston.

Your comment contained the standard disdain for anything "federal". Like

it
or not, there is MORE consistency now, not LESS. It's out of the hands of
the parties who are LEAST able to decide what's good: The airlines.

I have a lot of disdain for making a lot of things Federal controlled!!!!!!
I have gone though security at Oakland and then taken the same baggage
through security at LAX. There they decide the nail manicure kit is now a
weapon. Standards? Crap! I can do more damage with a Bic pen than my 1"
Swiss Army knife. The 9/11 hijackers used Federal security procedures to
hijack the planes. The FAA told the pilots and crew to cooperate with
hijackers. Just because no one had used the plane as a weapon, they said to
go along and they will negotiate with the baddies when you ended up in
Bumlife country. If everyone got to carry their knives as we used to, you
think a hijacker with a boxcutter is going to survive more than 2-3 minutes?
As to Federal control, look what they have done to education in this
country. All the money taken from the states and then sent back at 40-60%
with multiple strings attached. Where has states rights gone? Has been
usurped via the above strings.
Bill