posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default What would you do......

On Oct 13, 11:38 am, "Edgar" wrote:

I wish you well with your coffee importation scheme. Never forget that a
yacht on a regular run of that sort is going to attract serious attention
from the authorities and you can expect to be intercepted and searched on a
regular basis.
Edgar

I will be happy to address the coffee issues. Next time you read more
of Neal & Ganz's little hissy fits... check the headers, as I will
have no part of it.

First... I do not see importing coffee by sail as a scheme. I see it
as a start in reducing demand for oil, as coffee is the second largest
commodie traded on earth. We plan on being a model of substainability
and profits using 100% re-newable resources for others to follow.

We plan on having maxium attention from the authorities, we paid for
it. We will have a Belize Naval Escort through the San Pedro cut,
along with there version of Park & Wildlife. We are flying down late
this mo. to meet with the Mayor's of Ambergris Caye and to scout out
the area and see if we can bring any Hurricane relief type supplies,
will even set up some way-points on the GPS outside the reefs.

We are also in contact with the Belize zoo to see if we can carry any
cargo for them free heading south.

I may ask for a USCG escort up the shipping channel here in Houston
just for kicks and grins. My brother will be crewing...he's ex-coast
guard. We will stand tall on any inspection with the proper papers,
crew, safety equipment ect..ect.ect..

Boats almost ready.....she sitting high in the water tugging to go and
this years coffee crops getting picked as I type.

Joe