posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar Edgar is offline

Default What would you do......

"Joe" wrote in message ...
If you were as gay as Gaynze or as much of a material girl as boob****?

Or as net-nannyish as Gaynze and katy?

Shoot yourself? Or what?

Joe, I do not regard this as one of your better posts.
For as long as I can remember Jon has fought his corner strongly against
allegations of gayness, and even if true, so what? At leat there is no doubt
that he does go sailing.
As regards Bobsprit I do agree with you that he seems overly obsessed with
his material possesions and I think he is simply stupid to keep posting
pictures of his kid on the net.
But as regards the netkopping business anyone on usenet should be able to
take adverse personal comments without going over the top. But when the
abuse goes further and includes things like mailbombing someones computer
and other really serious abuse are you really suggesting that it is wrong
for individuals to take positive action against the perpetrators to get it
stopped?
I cannot comment on the particular cases you quote as I was off the group
doing other things when it all happened and came back in when all hell
seemed to be breaking loose and the group was almost unreadable due to the
efforts of the meow army or whoever they were. But it is OK now and time to
move on and hopefully see a few more sailing related posts and a few more
real people posting here instead of multiple sockpuppets having
conversations with each other.
I wish you well with your coffee importation scheme. Never forget that a
yacht on a regular run of that sort is going to attract serious attention
from the authorities and you can expect to be intercepted and searched on a
regular basis.
Edgar