[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default hey Richard. have you seen this?

On Oct 13, 4:14 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

ups.com...

probably so. I think it's been posted here before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk4fI...elated&search=

Think you could do this with a Porsche?

I haven't a clue and have no desire to find out.

Based on specs and the results of testing, a Porsche like mine (911 twin
turbo)
is faster and has much better handling characteristics than a factory
'Vette. The 911 also has four wheel drive which was really made necessary
with the twin turbo and added horsepower. Mine is rated at 420 hp. The
new, 2008 911 twin turbo is rated at 530 hp. I can't even begin to imagine
that, but then again I drive the Porsche like an old lady going to church.
Well .... most of the time anyway.

BTW .... the Porsche with 420 hp and a 6 speed manual transmission, driving
normally or even semi-aggressively averages between 19 and 20 mpg.

Eisboch

I think one of the coolest videos I ever saw was while working at
Chevy. They had a pro driver in a Corvette, stock, and a secretary in
a Callaway with formula 1 type active suspension... The course had
banks, and whoop de whoops, dives, climbs etc... The secretary was not
only able to put up a better course time, but did it with a cup of
coffe in her hand.... even on the whoopdees'. They had all kinds of
camera angles as the Callaway went over "slow rollers" (2 foot up and
down pavement spaced maybe 30 feet apart... The active suspension
adjusted and the girl took them at probably 60, with the open cup in
her hand... Not a drop spilled.