Joe Joe is offline

Default Electrolysis

On Oct 11, 7:46 pm, "Garland Gray II" wrote:
Joe, is this wishful thinking, or would one be more likely to get a response
with the backing of the marina ? Just curious.

Sure, I've seen boats so bad the the zincs were boiling.. No marina
want's that kind of problem around. And most people are clueless that
they have a short to ground, or could care less..ignorance is bliss.
Now it may be a different story if it's the marina's stray
voltage...maybe.

FWIW, I installed a galvanic isolator, and my zincs do seem to last longer.
To my feeble mind -- electrically speaking -- that is one answer to this
problem, right ?

Wrong!

First... you want your zincs to waste away, that's what they are for.
You want approx 1% of your metal surface area to be zinced, and you
want 75% of that to waste away about every 4 yrs. Better the zincs
than anything else. If your zincs are always like new.. you are going
to have a serious problem down the road.

Many think galvanic isolators cause many more problems then they
solve. I have a brand spanking new one in a box I'll be happy to sell
you. Haven't had time to put it on e-bay.

Joe

"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com... On Oct 11, 8:13 am, richard wrote:
On Oct 11, 7:33 am, "Roger Long" wrote:

Snip

give him a bill for the

haulout and zincs- Hide quoted text -