posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default 5:1 Epoxy: Less Hardener For Closed Space?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per :

Do not vary the ratio provided by the manufacturer. Epoxy is not like
poly where you can "heat" a batch with more hardner. On a molecular
level, and in laymans terms, epoxy molecules need to individually
connect to a hardner molecules to react and finish. If you say use 20%
less hardner, you will in theory have a mixture of which 20% will
never cure... in laymans terms...

That's totally new to me. I had been thinking of it in terms of
being a catalyst.

Thanks.

It's not.

The freak told you true...