Default Judging the performers...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:10:15 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Never mind. The other option is to just let the windows go to hell, and
replace them with modern ones sooner than I wanted to.

Best move I ever made.

I replaced 31 of them in one of our apartment houses to the new vinyl
type.

Saved me a ton of money on heating costs.

I'm in a "WTF to do at the moment" situation. I'll tell ya...I looked at the
utility bills this morning and thought that if I considered ONLY the cost of
the windows, and installing them myself, I could've justified it NOW. I'm
positive they'd pay for themselves within a couple of years. But, for a
number of reasons, there wasn't enough time to do the job this past summer.
And, never having done it before, I'm nowhere near as fast as the pros. A
two day job for them is probably a week for me.

The other issue is the size of the windows here. They're weird. I'd have to
show you pictures to illustrate....