posted to rec.boats.electronics
Ladylay Ladylay is offline

Default Autohelm type 300

Hi,
my type 300 autopilot computer was cooked by a nearby lightning strike
this summer. I opened it and there was some black marks on the circuit
board. Mine is 12V model. Raymarine are not really interested in
fixing it, they recommend I buy a new S3, which is a lot of $$$$.
Does anybody know what are the real differences in the 24V version vs
12V, as I could get a 24V for very little money? Is it just a few
transistors to change or the whole board is different? I'm asking this
because the new S3 is labelled as a 12V/24V unit?
thanks