Red Red is offline

Default Water tanks - alum or plastic?

Bangkok Bruce replied to a few people:
Interesting as most of the 3rd world cooks using aluminum pots and
alzimers (which was one of the most common ailments attributed to
aluminum) doesn't seem to be a major problem.

As someone who years ago traveled extensively in other countries (and
even lived in a few) I found that the populations of poorer areas
usually ate food - not the stuff some factory belches out or is raised
on a diet of chemicals, but things grown from the ground or raised on it
eating what is growing on it.
Alzheimer's is believed to be caused by an amaloid protein, and
aluminum is usually found in high concentrations in brains of its
victims, but unless things have changed in the last year since I've read
about it it is not believed to be a cause, just a symptom so far. Since
aluminum is found often in potable water and in many foods in varying
concentrations and yet is not usually found in the brains of healthy
people, I would have to believe that aluminum gets into the brain
because you are already doing something stupid - like chronically eating
chemical laden and processed foods (the ones the medical community in
the US keeps saying is safe for you), or doing something else that
invites the aluminum past the normally impenetrable (by alum.)
blood-brain barrier.
Red