David Scheidt David Scheidt is offline

Default Water tanks - alum or plastic?

Bob wrote:
:On Oct 11, 6:40 am, Martin Baxter wrote:

: There are people that are allergic to aluminum, and there are health
: risks of excessive aluminum consumption. But you get more aluminum
: from a couple of antacids than you do from years of drinking out of a
: water tank.
:
: Not to mention skin absorption from antiperspirants, sun block,
: moisturizers........

: Cheers
: Marty

:Hi All......

:Ya I guess I your right. Really cant argue against, "we are exposed to
:lots of it so it cant be harmful." Pretty air tight case Id say. Maybe
:we should also use that argument for lead and mercury. We could go
:back to lead water supply pipes and using mercury as a medicine.

Aluminum is the third most common element in the Earth's crust.
Nearly everything you've ever eaten has contained aluminum. That probably
includes the water out of your fancy stainless steel water tank, by
the way. Atmopsheric dust also contains large amounts of it.