Bob Bob is offline

Default Water tanks - alum or plastic?

On Oct 11, 6:40 am, Martin Baxter wrote:

There are people that are allergic to aluminum, and there are health
risks of excessive aluminum consumption. But you get more aluminum
from a couple of antacids than you do from years of drinking out of a
water tank.

Not to mention skin absorption from antiperspirants, sun block,
moisturizers........

Cheers
Marty

Hi All......

Ya I guess I your right. Really cant argue against, "we are exposed to
lots of it so it cant be harmful." Pretty air tight case Id say. Maybe
we should also use that argument for lead and mercury. We could go
back to lead water supply pipes and using mercury as a medicine.

Oh, and welders shouldn't mind welding galvanized (zinc) materials
cause we get zinc in our One-A-Day vitamins. Gee, if zinc is in our
vitamins its got to be okay to breath the vapors when welding. You
know, if some is good, more is better!

Once again, someone here offered a bit of conservative advice and then
the majority here said, Al is safe cause we all use it. How liberal is
that.....?! Lets see, everybody is smoking pot. I should smoke pot too.
A little wont do anything. Besides, the US gov always over exaggerates
safety levels.

However, I did feel somewhat compelled to offer a safer more
conservitive alternitive. Regardless......... Im sticking with 316L
water tanks..... Oh, I also use AWAB hose clamps. Why, cost-labor-life
curves make them the cheepest to buy. AWAB hose clams the
cheepest?!?!?!? No way say the liberals. But a conservatve will
understand and see the savings.
Bob