Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Ping: The Donald (D.Duck)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:46:32 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Since you asked (and for anyone else interested) ....

I am on the boat and just finished setting up the DirecTV. Works fine!

The dish is presently just sitting on the upper station deck. It took me
about 3 minutes to find and optimize the signal strength. I am actually
getting a stronger signal here than I did on my house dish. Several of the
transponders are at 100 percent, the rest between 85 and 95 percent.

There's a light breeze and the boat is moving around a little bit. The bow
swings around by about 2 or 2-1/2 feet Maybe even more. The stern moves
back and forth by a little over a foot.

Been over an hour now and there have been zero freezes or signal drop-out.

Not bad. The whole setup was under 200 bucks. (not counting the DirecTV
monthly service charge).

Out of curiosity, what is the monthly charge for DirecTV?