JohnM JohnM is offline

Default buying a foreign boat

wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:05:02 +1100, "JohnM"
wrote:

I believe that you need to contact the US embassy and The British
Virgins as you (if all goes well) you will depart as Captain of a
vessel and transit the US as a crew member on a vessel.

Nearly all countries have special regulations for ship's crews,
usually a limited visa stay as long as they depart on the ship.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Thanks for your answer Bruce. Perhaps I didn't explain too well. I will only
be transiting the US by air on the way to BVI. I probably won't enter US
waters after I exit BVI. So the US part doesn't seem to be a concern. I see
a potential problem when I fly into BVI without an ongoing or return ticket
and not yet a boat to depart on.