David Scheidt David Scheidt is offline

Default Water tanks - alum or plastic?

wrote:
:On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 00:27:49 +0000 (UTC), David Scheidt
wrote:

:Bob wrote:
::On Oct 9, 10:18 am, David Scheidt wrote:
:: Bob wrote:
::
:: ther hand, is death to an oyster. Do a little research regarding
:: :effects of Aluminum on our brain. So goes with many plastics.
::
:: Showing there aren't any?
:
:
:
::Howday......
:
::Without reviewing the salient body of literature regarding effects of
::Al on humans I'll just say: I believe Aluminum in humans is bad.... Any
::amount.
:
:You're welcome to believe anything you'd like. Reality will get along
:just fine without you.

:Interesting as most of the 3rd world cooks using aluminum pots and
:alzimers (which was one of the most common ailments attributed to
:aluminum) doesn't seem to be a major problem.

Correlation is not causation. The studies that started the aluminum
scare-mongering showed that alzheimers victims had raised levels of
aluminum in the plaques in their brains. It didn't show that exposure
to aluminum caused alzheimers. Considering the amount of aluminum
that people are exposed to from natural sources, it's very unlikely
that aluminum is a cause or even a factor in Alzheimers.

There are people that are allergic to aluminum, and there are health
risks of excessive aluminum consumption. But you get more aluminum
from a couple of antacids than you do from years of drinking out of a
water tank.