Don White Don White is offline

Default Yael Trip Report

"Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia" wrote in
message oups.com...
On Oct 8, 11:02 am, Joe wrote:
On Oct 8, 7:07 am, "Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia"

wrote:
On Oct 7, 9:15 pm, "Don White" wrote:

"Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia"
wrote in
oglegroups.com...Isupposeif
Roger can post what he was up to last Saturday, I can:

SV Yael C&C 35 Mark I, Skipper: Ken Heaton, 1st Mate: Anne Tobin.
Crew/Guest: Ken Pye.

snip...

How's the 'fall foliage' down there Ken?
I hope to get down this week as soon as I see two or three sunny days
in a
row.
I'll tow my new to me Princecraft 'Yukon' with it's Johnson 25 hp for
some
sightseeing in St. Peter's Inlet.

Hey Don, very little colour yet oddly. I seems it will be another
couple of weeks till the leaves are at their best. We have had little
frost, perhaps that why the leaves are so late?

For
updates:http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...colour&pagecon...

Hey Ken do you know Mooron? His boat is named Overproof.

Joe-

Joe, do you mean:

Capt. Mooron ©
S.V.Overproof
"Treat your Crew with Disdain.... and other Vessels with Distaste"

I'm sorry to say I haven't made his acquaintance. What part of the
Great White North was he from, does anyone know for sure?

I believe he plunders somewhere just south west of Halifax.... his sailing
grounds probably run from the prospect area to St. Margaret's Bay and Mahone
Bay.
Beautiful sailing area......right up there with the Bras d'Or Lakes...
although a little more exposed to the North Atlantic.