Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default stainless rigging wire - nick in wire

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:47:02 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

[Don't worry, all of us who have been around for a while have done
stupider things. Some of us are strong enough to admit to them. (I'm
not sure I'm one of that crowd.)]

I made up stays with crimped ferrules this Spring. In the first good
blow on a lake one lower main stay came adrift; the upper held up the
mast, while it bowed, interestingly, until I took in sail.

When I looked at my ferrule crimp, I saw that I had been unhappy with
the out of round crimp, and had recrimped it at right angles.

That's a very good thing not to do. Double ferrules lead to peace of
mind too, I decided.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK