posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default I am blaming y'all

OK, you talked me into having work done on my old truck by somebody
else. They couldnt figger out the problem with it "missing" so I told
em to replace the plugs. Aluminum head right, you are s'posed to put
penetrating oil down into the plug well for a while before trying,
they didnt, STRIPPED ONE OUT the fu*&^%ng morons. They told me they
were waiting for an "insert" to put in it (goes from smaller threads
to bigger ones). I thought there was something wrong with this so I
used their calipers to measure the stripped hole and the plug.
Stripped hole is .063, plug is .055, hmm. By the time I got home I
remembered "Helicoils" although I have never used em.
Today, I went to NAPA and a cute girl told me all about them so I went
back to the shop and asked em why they didnt use them and they told me
they had no experience with em. I told them that if they couldnt get
it done by this afternoon to tow it to my place and I would fix it.