HPEER HPEER is offline

Default planning a single handed trans atlantic west to east

On 2007-10-03 10:12:55 -0400, said:

i am 22yr old very keen sailer, and am planning a single handed trip
america to england, the northern route. the boat is a bristol 27.

i am after any advice on the route and the boat. i am not familiar
with this boat yet at all but have heard good things about it.

any help would be much appreciated

Why, except to say you done it -- IF you finish?

You'll be new to the boat, her problems likely undiscovered, doing
something you've never done before. Bad combination.

But if you're determined: I forget the name of the rally that does that,
and doubt you'd be big enough or have enough crew to formally enter, but
the organizers and participants would be who I would ask for advise.

Oh gosh, as I thought about it, a video came to mind that was
circulating a year or so ago: Single-hander's video camera was found
onboard a boat drifting near England with him not on it. Anyone know
where that is?

Wasn't that the guy who was trying to "kite" across from St. Johns?

They picked him off abandoning the yellow plastic washing machine/coffin
like contraption after it rolled a bunch of times?

The gizmo was indestructible, the contents was not.

I can't remember where it was but there maybe there is enough here for a
dedicated Googler to find it.