posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bloody Horvath Bloody Horvath is offline

Default Requesting advice on my sailboat racing plan

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 16:48:28 -0700, wrote this
crap:

DID NOT write this
crap:

even the America's Cup guys are
happy to just aim the boat straight downwind.... never seen one go
wing-and-wing but they probably would

Bloody Horvath wrote:
Never! They use spinnakers.

What I wrote-
"In 30 knot winds, even the America's Cup guys are
happy to just aim the boat straight downwind.... never seen one go
wing-and-wing but they probably would"

In fact, among the Louis Vuitton series in Auckland, they had a few
races with gusts in the upper 20.... the leaders of those races were
happy to take their chutes down as early as they could without blowing
their lead. It wouldn't surprise me if there had been some wing-and-
wing-ing during that action. It would probably surprise Horvath
though.... he apparently can't read but maybe he can watch TV.

I also know what a "chicken shute" is. Did you ever see any
America's Cup racers go wing-and-wing?

I laugh at upper 20's. I've been in races where it was blowing so bad
that people died.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.