posted to alt.sailing.asa
Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Fractional sailing?

"katy" wrote in message

huh? Why wouldn't you be able to singlehand a trailer sailerable boat? We
had an O'Day 22 and it was singlehanded all the time by either one of
us...and we've had our boat on a mooring...what's the problem with that???
If you're worried about stepping the boat alone, it's really not that
difficult when you use a come-along...It's a way to get around the waiting
for a slip thing...you put the boat on the mooring and sail off it while
waiting for your name to come up on the list...in fact, you will become a
better sailor learning to sail on and off a can than you would coming and
going from a dock....

My only experience with trailerable boats are the powered variety and that
is definitely a two-person operation: one to sit in the boat and pilot it
and one to back the trailer down the boat ramp into the water. For the
mooring, I guess I didn't realize you could just drop a mooring somewhere
offshore and use it indefinitely. Don't you need someone's permission?
I've used moorings before but only those off Long Wharf in Boston Harbor and
they were maintained by the sailing club.