Dan J.S.

Default Starting a Honda outboard question

"Butch Davis" wrote in message
nk.net...
Dan,

RTFM!! Modern engines should not require throttle "pumping". You are
probably flooding the cylinders by dumping fuel by operating the
accellerator pump.. This can wash the oil coating off the cylinders prior
to starting. Not a smart move, IMO. Have you tried simply cranking the
engine? Might just work for you.... but try doing as the manual says.

Butch

This is not a Fuel Injected engine. The manual does say to pump the
throttle. I am thinking that maybe I am not doing it enough? However, i may
be off base. The engine is 2000 model, and the manual I have was printed off
the web. I presume its the right manual. I know for a fact the engine has a
carb. Do you really think I may not need to pump gas?

Thanks
Dan