Bob Bob is offline

Default Cruise Log from Skippy!

On Oct 3, 4:59 am, Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 23:44:13 -0400, Wayne.B

They caught a lot of flak from the "cruising
community" for their boldness, but had a hell of a good time.

The journal never makes a big deal of their mariner expertise, but
the results show they were smart, and on their toes.

I think that is the key point, "smart and on their toes."

I think their initial approach was a good one, taking some baby steps
first, unlike the couple you mentioned.

--Vic-

Yup, "progressive approximations of a target behavior...." Its called
LEARNING! Some folks belive that sailing is all about sitting in the
cockpi,t drinking wine, and laughing with attractive friend. Heck,
thats what the glossy pics in the west marine catalogues show.

Met a couple in a few years back in Winchester Bay, OR. A couple
"financial advisors" bought a brand new 40' ice cream scoop stearned
somthing or another. He added gizmos and stainless stuff everywhere.
She drank wine and talked. She colleced the corks of each bottle and
stuck around the salon on display. First voyage heading to Mexico:
Crossed the bar, small craft warnings went up, altnator light went on,
they turnd around and went back to the slip. Total time of dream
cruise to Mexico.................. about 6 hours. A voyage to nowhere.

Four years later the boat still sits. A liveabord said they show up a
few times a year to check on it. I think this is more common than
thought. just some conseal it better than others.
Bob