Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Water tanks - alum or plastic?

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:40:40 -0700, druid wrote:

Hi,

I've always seen plastic watertanks, but the boat I'm buying has an old
aluminum one (I think it's alum: it's metal, and not SS). Is there any
advantage to alum over plastic or vice-versa? I'm planning on replacing it
with a bigger one, and first I thought plastic, but should I consider
aluminum instead? I've always disliked the "plastic" taste in the water
from a plastic tank.

A charcoal filter will take out the taste.

Casady