kevin

Default Airboat engine questions

JamesgangNC wrote:

Might be detonating and that would explain the running hot. Cylinder
walls
and piston tops looked ok? You could be right about the timing. Or it's
running too rich. I have seen some pretty hot exhaust. Marine engines
run
a lot closer to full tilt that they ever do in a car. Imagine driving
your
car 100 miles a hour for 30 minutes. If those stud have already pulled up
once you probably should go ahead and tap them out and put screw in studs.
You don't have to machine the top of the bosses if you're not adding guide
plates. Just get regular studs.

The cylinders, valves, plugs and pistons looked fine that I could tell.
It's too late for the machining of the heads as I put everything back
together. It's just the part about the entire exhaust glowing red that has
me confused and the coolant reservoir tank having clear fluid in it.