posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Time to scrape the barnacles

"Donal" wrote in message

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Donal,

Right you are. They my be "Golden" but they sure as hell aren't
"Easy"

Hi Thom,

How are you?

Have you done any sailing lately? I really hope that the answer is
"yes".

You ain't heard? Thom's a 'beached bum' by his own admission. Too old
and infirm to do any more sailing. Not that he really did much sailing
before he quit, though.

That motorsailor Gulf 32 is known world-wide for it's poor sailing and
really unacceptable ability to go to weather. One can only sail off the
wind without an assist from the motor. Pilot house and high topsides
made it a slug. Sails were too small and motor was too large. Was easier
to always use the motor.

Wilbur Hubbard