posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Hey Doug, does this remind you of anything?

Bart wrote:
Great information Doug. Many thanks. I'd like to
try one out.

There's a fleet up on Narragansett Bay, shouldn't be too hard to get a
ride on one. They have a Midwinters regatta in Florida, it would be a
nice break unless you're already in the VI

It seems like a major flaw--not to be able to hoist the
keel without removing the boom. I'd think they would
have something built in for that purpose.

I'd have thought so too, but it gets complicated & expensive. Using
the main halyard & boom vang tackle as a hoist works for getting the
boat in & out. One reason why I'm looking more for a boat with a
daggerboard/keel instead of just a lifting keel... we need to be able
to run in shallow water.

I was wondering if it could be beached.

Only with difficulty.

So how is everything going?

Right now things are kind of cycling in place, just finished up some
chores in the engine room... mostly cleaning... cruising consists of
working on your boat in exotic locations.

DSK