posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default I dont wanna scrape my prop

I remember seeing a system where you had a giant plastic bag
in the water, weighted in the middle to keep it down, floats
around the edges. You'd keep it in your slip, full of clean
fresh water. I forget how they opened / closed it to get the
boat in and out.

Anybody remember this?

Scotty

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
I dont sail in the summer. It is basically hot with

nearly no wind
except during thunderstorms. So, the boat sits in that

canal all
summer with nothing to do except to grow barnacles on the

prop, THEN,
wehn I do decide to use her, I have to go into that nasty

water to
defoul the prop. Although right now I foolishly think I

am
imperviouis to anything in the water, that will not always

be true.
However, today I found that when I finally turned my boat

so her stern
is to the dock, I can easily see my prop and could reach

it with the
boat hook.........
Why not get a plastic bag with a draw string, use boat

hook to pull it
over the prop and then pull the drawstring? When I want

to sail, I
simply tie a Sawzall blade to the boathook and rip the bag

off.
Thoushts? (see, I am still dehydrated from being on that

dock today)