posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Fractional sailing?

katy wrote:
Capt. Rob wrote:

Doug is flat out wrong.

Occasionally happens, but not this time.

Most of the boats, power and sail, at our club see a lot of use. A
very few don't. I used to think Doug's comment had some truth to it,
but not any more. Once I spent more time at my club I realized that
only a few boats sat without use. Of course Doug walks around asking
dockmasters about the sailboats that don't sail!!!
Anyone believe THAT???

BWAHAHAHHAHAAHA! We sailed today. Doug did not. Doug does not have a
sailboat.

RB
35s5
NY

Seeing that I sail out of the same marina as Doug, I can verify that.
Our dickmaster makes active note of who sails what when where and why
and can tell you exactly how many times each boat leaves the dock. He
also keeps track of time that each boat leaves, looks out for when you
return and is waiting on the dock for you...he is probably one of the
most "in the know" guys I have ever seen..he makes it his business to
know everything going on in our marina...and there are a lot of boats
that never go out...their owners are living way far away and only make
it there for long vacations...

Lordy...typo...it's is of course, dockmaster...NC has laws against
practicing the other...