posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Bart is offline

Default Mainsail Controls

On Sep 27, 9:12 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:34:13 -0700, (Thom Stewart) wrote:
OK Salty;

Take Ganz's List and then add;
Hmmm... traveler, outhaul, cunningham, reefing lines (x3), leech line,
topping lift, boom vang, adjustable backstay, preventer, lazy jacks (or
Dutchman or StackPak), furling line (for boom or main), perhaps a boom
bolt
rope, I've heard of batten control lines.
---------
Flattening Reef, Downhaul or Barber haul on down for Broad Reach or Run,
Jack Stays (Port & Starboard) Upper Shrouds (P&S) Lower Shrouds(P&S)
Adjustable Mast Foot, Fore Stay.

These are all adjustments for Maconi Main. I wouldn't even know where to
start on a Junk Sail or even a Lateen Sail (I learned to sail with a
Lateen)

Salty, if you really need to know what & how to adjust; post me off
group. I don't want to be in a discussion with a Sockpuppet. I know Bart
& Ganz to be real.

I don't need any help with this subject, thank you. I just wanted tto point out
that your answer wasn't serving the basic purpose of teaching those who don't
know. As far as "real", everybody in usenet is essentially a sockpuppet
regardless of what name they use. Ganz and Bart are no more "real" than anybody
else here. Usenet is all ones and zeros.

One becomes real, by demonstrating that fact
by meeting someone in the group, or otherwise
gaining credibility.