posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default prop paint

"katysails" wrote
When we were still in Michigan, even using a copper based bottom paint
(VC 17) and having a bronze prop, we still had a few zebra mussels at the
end of wach season...and I do not believe there are barnacles in fresh
watr so you don't have to worry about that at all...

At least the zebra mussels clean the water.

.... Now we hire a diver to
dive down and scrape several times a year...

Good. It's not that expensive anyway.

...the Neuse is a dirty old
river, fill of things like physteria (sp) from all the hog farming
upriver...not going to get in there if it's not an emergency...

I worry less about physteria than I do about snakes. Did you know that
eastern NC has every kind of poisonous snake native to this continent,
except for desert sidewinders? And every last one of them loves to
swim under water.

"Edgar" wrote:
You are not even safe in a lake it would seem.On our news today there is a
story about six people dying in USA because of some amoeba that gets up your
nose while you swim and theneats away at your brain.

Those people just watch too much TV and now they're trying to blame
the effects on amoeba.

DSK