Default Boat Lift Remotes - Retrofit Possible?

I just had a 1,500# lift installed, and would really like to have the
remote option. Unfortunately, the manufacturer wants what I consider
a ridicoulous $400 for the remote option. Garage door openers with
remote control cost less than $200 for the whole thing, so why $400
for the remote option on a lift? I know, it's "marine"......... 8)

Anyway, has anyone used another product, and integrated it into your
lift to provide remote functionality? It's tempting just to buy a
garage door opener and pull it apart!