posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Harvest Moon regatta?

On Sep 28, 12:08 pm, wrote:
Joe wrote:
P.S. Every time I raced it, they had a rule of only one head sail.
Wonder how that's going to effect the Elissa?

Dunno, it may depend how how much the other racers want to protest
them

Every offshore race has a long list of qualifying conditions, for
example under PHRF every boat must have running lights, bow pulpit &
lifelines, berth cushions & head, etc etc.... commonly overlooked for
boats like Etchells or one-designs so as to encourage more people to
come out & play.

DSK

You bet there will be scores of protest. A buddy has a 62 MacGregor
and was flying two headsail before the race, and people were so
outraged as to shout the rules over the VHF..I'd do real good this
year as the boat is several thousand pounds lighter and she's cutter
rigged..would require my protesting about the Elissa's
problem. ...Still I rather head south for some deep water fishing tied
off a production platform or trolling the flosam lines.

The Harvest moon is known for years of brutal starts, with either de-
mastings or no wind at all. Still the moonlight is awesome...keeps you
from hitting un-lit well heads when you run through the oil fields.

Joe