posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_10_] Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)[_10_] is offline

Default prop paint

That's a funny question for me. This year at the Glad Boat Yard in Florida,
Dad and I bought some hugely expensive prop paint, while a number of others
did something crazy. They bought a couple Jiffy markers and colored the
prop with four or five coats. The weird part is they seemed to end up with
less growth on their props than we did. It seems someone discovered that
after sending their prop to the prop-shop, the techs wrote some kind of code
number on the prop to identify the prop. Funny enough someone noticed that
the only part of the prop with no growth was the part written on with Jiffy
marker.

So...for what it's worth, I'll be Jiffy marking mine this year.

Glenn.
s/v Seawing

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 28, 7:57 am, "Scotty" wrote:
What's good for 'bottom painting' a prop?

SBV

you should paint the "top" of the prop too. I use interlux.

Joe