posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart Thom Stewart is offline

Default Mainsail Controls

OK Salty;

Take Ganz's List and then add;
Hmmm... traveler, outhaul, cunningham, reefing lines (x3), leech line,
topping lift, boom vang, adjustable backstay, preventer, lazy jacks (or
Dutchman or StackPak), furling line (for boom or main), perhaps a boom
bolt
rope, I've heard of batten control lines.
---------
Flattening Reef, Downhaul or Barber haul on down for Broad Reach or Run,
Jack Stays (Port & Starboard) Upper Shrouds (P&S) Lower Shrouds(P&S)
Adjustable Mast Foot, Fore Stay.

These are all adjustments for Maconi Main. I wouldn't even know where to
start on a Junk Sail or even a Lateen Sail (I learned to sail with a
Lateen)

Salty, if you really need to know what & how to adjust; post me off
group. I don't want to be in a discussion with a Sockpuppet. I know Bart
& Ganz to be real.