Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Florida seniors

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 06:28:08 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

something humorous depends on a host of absolute and
relative variables, including geographical location, culture, MATURITY,
level of education, and context.

(Emphasis mine)

That's the key.

To see (or be) as a child is the most over looked aspect of maturity.
Sometimes, you just have to be childlike in your demeanor or you end
up like Doug Kanter - bitter, constantly angry and disinclined to
present a rational face to the world.

I'll match my professional and education credentials against anyone
else here, yet I can appreciate a good fart joke or bit of slapstick
with as much enjoyment as any 7 year old. That's the difference
between me and a large majority of the regulars here - I don't mind
making an ass of myself from time-to-time - it keeps me humble.

It's the uptight, faux pretention of superioity - hell, let's call it
what it is, arrogance, that Chuck presents when things like this come
up that that annoys me to no end.

You know he laughed his ass off, but the Social Calvinist in him
required that he punish himself and others for momentary "weakness".

I'll take being class clown over class prig anytime. :)